ATTENDEE EVENT INFORMATION & FAQS
WHAT IS WOCNEXT®
WOCNext 2022 is a global, hybrid event from WOCN® and WCET® and the annual conference for both organizations! Members and non-members from around the world are invited to unite June 5-8th to celebrate diversity and gain perspectives that will advance the practice and delivery of wound, ostomy, and continence care. All education, networking, and activities are available in-person in Fort Worth, Texas or virtually, providing a complete WOCNext® experience for healthcare professionals near and far.
WHEN WILL WOCNEXT 2022 TAKE PLACE?
WOCNext 2022 will take place in-person and virtually Sunday, June 5, 2022 - Wednesday, June 8, 2022. The in-person event will be held at the Fort Worth Convention Center in Fort Worth, Texas USA.
WHAT IS THE COST TO ATTEND THE MEETING?
Rates vary by registration type. Visit the Registration page for the breakdown of rates.
HOW MANY CONTACT HOURS WILL BE OFFERED AT WOCNEXT 2022?
WOCNext 2022 offers up to 45 Contact Hours. Please check back for more information on the schedule update and nursing Contact Hours.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO LEARN AT WOCNEXT?
WOCNext 2022 will unite wound, ostomy, and continence care nurses, enterestomal therapy nurses, and healthcare professionals from around the world, bringing global perspectives to the big challenges and small victories we ALL face. Offered virtually or in-person, WOCNext 2022 will cover prominent topics like diversity, culturally congruent care, and considering social and emotional impacts for those living with wound, ostomy, and continence care needs. It will aim to bring healing to the WOC and Enterestomal Therapy communities through global support and compassion for our unique and shared experiences.
Event highlights include:
- Global Perspectives
- Parade of Nations
- Prominent Topics
- In-Person or Virtual
- Inclusive Networking
- All-Star Speakers
- Product Innovations
- Healing & Energizing Activities
WHAT TYPES OF EDUCATION WILL BE FEATURED DURING THE EVENT?
The virtual event will feature the following types of education:
- Educational Sessions.The education at WOCNext 2022 will still be presented in 30-, 60- and 90-minute sessions, under the trending healthcare themes of Wellness, Symptom Science, Quality, and Clinical Care Innovations.
- ePoster Presentations.WOCNext 2022 will feature the latest scientific case study, practice innovation, and research abstracts from experts in the field of WOC nursing. Attendees will be able to view all of the 2022 accepted abstracts and ePosters online and in-person.
- Sponsored Symposia. We will have supported Symposia available at this year’s event. More information will be available soon!
- Exhibit Hall. The WOCNext 2022 Exhibit Hall will be open for networking! Each day attendees will have the opportunity to interact with Exhibitors and view their products and promotions, furthering Attendee/Exhibitor engagement.
- Innovation Hub. Attendees will be able to sit in on short talks hosted by exhibiting companies as they showcase their products and services, or discuss education and research.
HOW IS THE EDUCATION AT THIS EVENT APPLICABLE TO MY PRACTICE?
The education presented at WOCNext is as well-rounded as the event attendees, spanning across specialties, care settings, and patient life spans with the goal of creating important topical sessions that apply to everyone. This format allows each learner the opportunity to gain necessary education to treat the “whole patient” at every step of their healthcare journey.
While the sessions are not organized in the traditional Wound, Ostomy, Continence and Professional Practice tracks, attendees will still be able to take advantage of quality wound, ostomy, continence, foot and nail care, and professional practice education and submit for the appropriate credits.
SINCE THE EDUCATION IS NOT ORGANIZED BY CLINICAL "TRACKS", HOW IS IT ORGANIZED?
The education at WOCNext is presented under the following trending healthcare themes:
- Wellness: Behaviors, actions, and interventions to promote health and well-being
- Symptom Science: Understanding pathophysiology and manifestations of acute and chronic illness
- Quality: Measures of patient-centered, safe, effective, timely, efficient, and equitable care
- Clinical Care Innovations: Advancing practice through the integration of education and research
WHAT ARE YOUR COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS?
WOCNext will implement health and safety measures as recommended by CDC guidelines and based on the current local conditions. For more details, please visit our Health & Safety Updates webpage.
HOW DO I MAKE CHANGES TO MY REGISTRATION AFTER I HAVE REGISTERED FOR WOCNEXT 2022?
To add additional items to your registration such as Symposia sessions or WOCNext Night Out tickets, please visit the Registration Resource Center or call 888-224-9626.
CAN I ADD OR CHANGE A SESSION ONSITE?
Add or change ticketed events, including symposia sessions or WOCNext Night Out tickets for a guest at Registration. If there is availability, we will gladly make changes for you.
WHAT IS THE QR CODE ON MY BADGE FOR WOCNEXT 2022 USED FOR?
If you attend WOCNext 2022 in-person and your badge is scanned by an exhibitor or at a supported session, you will receive promotional material from that exhibiting company. The WOCN® Society does not endorse or support products or services.
CAN I BRING A GUEST TO WOCNEXT 2022?
Yes. Guest registration includes entrance to the poster/exhibit hall, exhibit hall opening reception, exhibit hall lunches and the poster awards. Guest badges are available online and at Registration.
CAN I BRING GUESTS TO WOCNEXT NIGHT OUT?
Yes. Tickets can be purchased when you register online or onsite at the Registration Desk through Tuesday, June 7 until 5 PM. Tickets are $50 each, for ages 21 and older.
WHAT IF I CAN’T ATTEND THE VIRTUAL EVENT LIVE?
Recorded content will be available to pre-registrants for on demand viewing approximately 2 weeks after the event concludes through December 31, 2022.
WHAT IF I WANT TO TRANSFER FROM IN-PERSON TO VIRTUAL REGISTRATION?
Given the uncertainties our community still faces, we’re offering even more flexibility. You can transfer from in-person to virtual or vice versa until May 13, 2022.
CAN I WATCH SESSIONS LATER?
Session recordings will be available for on demand viewing until December 31, 2022. On demand access will be available for both in-person and virtual registrants.
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO ALL OF THE CONTENT AND NETWORKING TOOLS ON THE VIRTUAL PLATFORM?
Virtual Exhibits will be viewable until June 30, 2022.
Available until December 31, 2022: All sessions, including concurrent, Symposia Sessions, Innovation Hub Presentations and ePosters will be available through the end of December.