ATTENDEE EVENT INFORMATION & FAQS
The WOCN Board of Directors and the WOCN National Conference Planning Committee have made the difficult decision to transition our education event, WOCNext® 2021: A Joint WOW Experience with the WOCN® Society and Relias, from a hybrid event to an online-only experience.
What is WOCNext®?
WOCNext is an experiential event featuring online education, networking, and activities geared towards WOC nurses and other healthcare professionals dedicated to providing expert care to patients with wound, ostomy, and incontinence needs.
WOCNext® 2021: A Virtual WOW Experience with the WOCN® Society and Relias will serve as the annual education event for both the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses SocietyTM (WOCN®) and Relias and will join WOCNext and Wild on Wounds event attendees together for one BIG event.
When will WOCNext 2021 take place?
WOCNext 2021 will take place Thursday, June 24, 2021 - Saturday, June 26, 2021.
What if I can't make it to the live event on June 24 - June 26?
On-demand recorded content (including Nursing Contact Hours + Pharmacology Credits) will be available post-event to pre-registered attendees through December 31, 2021.
What is the cost to attend the virtual meeting?
The registration rate for WOCNext 2021 will be $199 for ALL attendees. All participants will be required to register to attend in order to gain access to event content and activities.
When will registration for WOCNext 2021 be available?
Registration for WOCNext 2021 is now open! Visit the Registration page for more information.
How many Contact Hours and Credits will be offered at WOCNext 2021?
WOCNext 2021 offers up to 36.50 Nursing Contact Hours and 4 Pharmacology Credits (for the live event and on-demand recorded content). Physicians can earn up to 7 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM (during the live event only) and Physical Therapists can earn up to 9 Contact Hours (during the live event only).
What can I expect to learn at WOCNext?
The educational content revolves around the dissemination of the latest research and evidence-based knowledge of innovative techniques, applications, technologies, and treatments related to wound, ostomy, continence, and foot and nail care issues to positively impact patient outcomes. The content is created to generate awareness of issues influencing patients, families, and care providers across the healthcare continuum. WOCNext equips attendees with diverse knowledge and insights into how to best identify, care for, and overcome some of the most challenging issues facing their patient populations.
Event highlights include:
- Relevant Education
- Engaging Content
- Varied Educational Formats
- Schedule Flexibility
- All-Star Lineup of Speakers
- Exposure to the Latest Product Developments
- Rewarding Networking Opportunites
- Fun & Energizing Activities
What types of education will be featured during the online event?
The virtual event will feature the following types of education:
- Educational Sessions. The education at WOCNext 2021 will still be presented in 30-, 60- and 90-minute sessions, under the trending healthcare themes of Wellness, Symptom Science, Quality, and Clinical Care Innovations.
- ePoster Presentations.WOCNext 2021 will feature the latest scientific case study, practice innovation, and research abstracts from experts in the field of WOC nursing. Attendees will be able to view all of the 2021 accepted abstracts online, as well as select ePosters.
- Sponsored Symposia. We will have supported Symposia available at this year’s virtual event. More information will be available soon!
- Virtual Exhibit Hall. The WOCNext 2021 Virtual Exhibit Hall will be open for networking! Each day attendees will have the opportunity to interact with Exhibitors, view their products and promotions, and join online meetings with them, furthering Attendee/Exhibitor engagement.
- Innovation Hub. Attendees will be able to "sit in on" short talks hosted by exhibiting companies as they showcase their products and services, or discuss education and research.
How is the education at this event applicable to my practice?
The education presented at WOCNext is as well-rounded as the event attendees, spanning across specialties, care settings, and patient life spans with the goal of creating important topical sessions that apply to everyone. This format allows each learner the opportunity to gain necessary education to treat the “whole patient” at every step of their healthcare journey.
While the sessions are not organized in the traditional Wound, Ostomy, Continence and Professional Practice tracks, attendees will still be able to take advantage of quality wound, ostomy, continence, foot and nail care, and professional practice education and submit for the appropriate credits.
Since the education is not organized by clinical “tracks”, how is it organized?
The education at WOCNext is presented under the following trending healthcare themes:
- Wellness: Behaviors, actions, and interventions to promote health and well-being
- Symptom Science: Understanding pathophysiology and manifestations of acute and chronic illness
- Quality: Measures of patient-centered, safe, effective, timely, efficient, and equitable care
- Clinical Care Innovations: Advancing practice through the integration of education and research
For Technical Support with this webpage, please contact support. For issues with accessing the live event session please contact WOCN live event support.