ATTENDEE EVENT INFORMATION & FAQS
From conversations with fellow colleagues, face-to-face and virtual time with exhibitors, and interactions with speakers, poster presenters, and leaders in the field of WOC care—WOCNext provides you with all the education you need combined with the connections, energy, and collaboration you want! Learn more by reading through our event FAQs below.
What is WOCNext®?
WOCNext is a hybrid educational event featuring both online and in-person education, networking, and activities geared towards WOC nurses and other healthcare professionals dedicated to providing expert care to patients with wound, ostomy, and incontinence needs.
WOCNext® 2021: A Joint WOW Experience with the WOCN® Society and Relias will serve as the annual education event for both the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses SocietyTM (WOCN®) and Relias and will join WOCNext and Wild on Wounds event attendees together for one BIG event.
What is a Hybrid Event?
A hybrid event is a combination of a physical event with elements of a digital event, usually running simultaneously and with overlapping content and interactive elements broadcast over the Internet.
As an attendee, what can I expect from this event?
From conversations with fellow colleagues, face-to-face and virtual time with exhibitors and interactions with speakers, poster presenters, and leaders in the field of WOC care—WOCNext provides you with all the education you need combined with the connections, energy, and collaboration you want!
WOCNext 2021 will provide an enhanced experience that includes:
- Interactive sessions with live polling and speaker Q&A via a smartphone or tablet
- Varied educational formats with different session lengths: 30, 60 & 90-minute sessions are now available, allowing for flexibility while planning your schedule
- Increased opportunities for product knowledge: one-on-one appointments with exhibitors outside of exhibit hall hours and additional time to interact after hours
- Rewarding networking opportunities and spaces that will bring together attendees from various backgrounds and practice settings
How is the education at this event applicable to my practice?
The education presented at WOCNext is as well-rounded as the event attendees, spanning across specialties, care settings, and patient life spans with the goal of creating important topical sessions that apply to everyone. This format allows each learner the opportunity to gain necessary education to treat the “whole patient” at every step of their healthcare journey.
While the sessions are not organized in the traditional Wound, Ostomy, Continence and Professional Practice tracks, attendees will still be able to take advantage of quality wound, ostomy, continence, foot and nail care, and professional practice education and submit for the appropriate credits.
Since the education is not organized by clinical “tracks”, how is it organized?
The education at WOCNext is presented under the following trending healthcare themes:
- Wellness: Behaviors, actions and interventions to promote health and well-being
- Symptom Science: Understanding pathophysiology and manifestations of acute and chronic illness
- Quality: Measures of patient-centered, safe, effective, timely, efficient and equitable care
- Clinical Care Innovations: Advancing practice through the integration of education and research
What can I expect to learn at WOCNext?
The educational content revolves around the dissemination of the latest research and evidence-based knowledge of innovative techniques, applications, technologies and treatments related to wound, ostomy, continence and foot and nail care issues to positively impact patient outcomes. The content is created to generate awareness of issues influencing patients, families and care providers across the healthcare continuum. WOCNext equips attendees with diverse knowledge and insights into how to best identify, care for and overcome some of the most challenging issues facing their patient populations.