StomaCloak® is an odor-reducing pouch and bag cover for ostomy waste bags used in coordination with colostomy, ileostomy and urostomy procedures. The cover is constructed from a proprietary polyester fabric impregnated with activated carbon, zeolite and antimicrobials which adsorb and control odor molecules. Antimicrobials which wicks away moisture and promote healthy skin. The fabric is soft against the skin and is warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
The Benefits of StomaCloak®
With StomaCloak you will know that you are comfortable, dry and free of odor. Having this security allows you to live an active lifestyle. A physician-ostomate and a wound, ostomy, and continence nurse developed this innovative ostomy cover, ensuring that all needs were considered when developing the product.
Part of what sets StomaCloak apart from other ostomy covers is that it actually stops odors.
StomaCloak’s material includes treated activated carbon, zeolite and antimicrobials. This combination changes the odor molecules so that odor is removed and not just masked.
StomaCloak provides comfort and security for an active lifestyle.
StomaCloak’s creators understand that ostomates usually do not want to draw attention to their ostomy bags. Two ways StomaCloak helps with discretion is by helping with leaks and noise. Our proprietary cover also greatly improves the comfort of wearing an ostomy appliance.
- StomaCloak helps your bag stay securely on by keeping you dry. However, if a leak does happen, the StomaCloak will keep leaks contained until you get the situation under control.
- The StomaCloak bag cover is also designed to mask the crunching sound of an ostomy bag, keeping you noise-free.
- Another issue the StomaCloak solves is comfort. No one enjoys the uncomfortable feeling of a cold, wet bag against the skin. StomaCloak’s wicking properties are designed to keep you dry and comfortable while you go about your daily life.
5 Reasons You Can Be Confident With StomaCloak
1. Odor Control - StomaCloak adsorbs odor molecules! This means instead of covering up ostomy bag odors, StomaCloak’s unique technology actively changes the odor molecule, removing the odor.
2. Leak Prevention - Your StomaCloak is the first defense against leaks. StomaCloak fits completely around your appliance bag with its envelope enclosure. If something happens to your appliance (such as a clip or spigot failure) you have time to get to the restroom before you have a mess on your clothes.
3. Skin Health - Caring for the skin around the area of your ostomy is extremely important for long-term health. An antimicrobial inside the StomaCloak is specifically designed to keep skin healthy while wicking away moisture. When you are comfortably wearing a StomaCloak, you can be confident that your skin will stay healthy!
4. Moisture Control - Moisture around or on your plastic ostomy pouch can create several problems. Moisture can loosen the glue of adhesive materials holding the bag to your abdomen. StomaCloak wicks away moisture allowing your equipment to stay in place. Created to fit perfectly with active lifestyles, you can swim, run, and shower with confidence. Simply pat your ostomy pouch dry, slip your Stoma Cloak on, and go! Your skin and clothes will remain dry.
5. Noise Reduction - Any ostomy patient knows the crunchy sounds that the plastic pouch can make. StomaCloak muffles the sound with its smooth, comfortable fabric, allowing you to be comfortable and confident in your life!
Easy Care and Maintenance
StomaCloak is designed for easy use and easy care! Wash your StomaCloak in your washing machine with normal laundry soap and then dry with heat in the dryer. Once your StomaCloak is re-activated for use, simply pull it around your stoma appliance bag.
Watch our video above to see how easy it is to install StomaCloak over your ostomy appliance.
Construction and Fit
StomaCloak® is constructed from a proprietary polyester fabric impregnated with activated carbon, zeolite and antimicrobials which adsorb and control odor molecules. The fabric is soft against the skin and is warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Our pouch and bag covers are designed to fit commercially available ostomy waste bags including Hollister, ConvaTec, Coloplast, and Nu-Hope. StomaCloak® covers are non-disposable, durable and designed to last. Machine wash and dry tested over 30 cycles.
We offer StomaCloak in seven wafer sizes and two pouch sizes, so you won't have a problem finding the perfect combination to fit your appliance and your lifestyle.
StomaCloak® covers are $29.95 each or $80.85 for three, plus shipping & handling. Three StomaCloak® ostomy bag covers normally last for one year. All orders are subject to sales tax. www.stomacloak.com