Behaviors, actions and interventions to promote health & well being.
- Preventative practices or prevention program (pressure ulcer/injury, MASD)
- Bowel and bladder management, continence clinic
- Foot and nail care
- Quality of life aspects
Understanding pathophysiology and manifestations of acute and chronic illness.
- Evidence-based treatment and management of WOC-related problems
- Ostomy-related complications
- Complications of incontinence
- Dermatological issues
Measures of patient-centered, safe, effective, timely, efficient and equitable care.
- Clinical outcomes, standards of care, evaluation, program development
- Use of software, database programs
- Educational resources
Clinical Care Innovations
Advancing practice through the integration of education and research.
- Management of complex wounds, ostomies
- Product selection and innovation
- Professional issues (role justification, marketing strategies, satisfaction measurement, survival in changing health care environment, WOC nurse as educator, quality improvement issues specific to WOC role)