National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy®
NAWCO invites you to stop by Booth 1718 & enter our drawing.
At NAWCO® we believe it is the Certificant that makes the Credential.
- Having certified over 23,000 clinicians it is easy to see why The National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy® (NAWCO®) is the National Leader in wound care and ostomy credentialing.
- NAWCO® has been certifying healthcare professionals since 2002 and today, the certificants of NAWCO make up the largest group of board certified wound care and ostomy professionals in the United States.
- WCC® board certification is nationally recognized by the Veterans Administration as an accepted credential and is on the Magnet-recognized list of national certifications included in the Demographic Data Collection Tool™ (DDCT).
NAWCO offers the following professional certifications:
- Wound Care Certified, WCC® - Assures the patient that their wound clinician has the demonstrated competency to provide the proper care for their wound(s).
- Ostomy Management Specialist®, OMS - Assures the patient that their care provider is qualified to deliver the proper care, education, and management of their ostomy/incontinent diversion.
- Diabetic Wound Certified, DWC® - Assures the patient that you are qualified to deliver the proper care, education, and management of their diabetic wounds.
- Lymphedema Lower Extremity, LLE® - Plays an important role as a direct care provider, educator, and resource for optimum patient outcomes in lymphedema and edema management associated with wounds.
- Nutrition Wound Care Certified, NWCC™ - Empowers Registered Dieticians to help patients understand how critical proper nutrition and personalized nutritional care plans affect their wound healing.
- Advanced Wound Care Certified, AWCC™ - This credential assures your patients, your team, and your organization of your competency with advanced wound care products and techniques
- Wound Prevention Certified, WPC™ - The focus is on high quality care to achieve optimum patient outcomes for healing as well as preventing wounds. The CNA/MA/PCA/MT/HCCA/MA is an important and often forgotten member of the wound care team.
Our eligibility requirements are straightforward. NAWCO believes board certification should be available to all qualified candidates. Our credentials are valid for five (5) years and does not demand expensive annual fees to maintain your status.
For more information, please visit our website at www.nawccb.org.
Please stop by our booth to learn more on how you can achieve your NAWCO board certified credential.
Brands: NAWCO is the credentialing body of the WCC, AWCC, DWC, OMS, LLE, WPC and NWCC credentials.