WOCNEXT VIRTUAL CODE OF CONDUCT
WOCNext is committed to providing a professional, educational, safe, supportive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and WOCNext staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, WOCNext staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct applies to all WOCNext meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than WOCNext but held in conjunction with WOCNext events, on public or private platforms.
WOCNext has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, WOCNext asks that you immediately inform Brooke Passy, Director of Meetings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unacceptable behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal or written abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, WOCNext staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal or written abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal or written comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, WOCNext staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
In addition, all participants are expected to adhere to the following rules:
- The recording or transmissions of any education sessions, presentations, demos, videos, or content in any format is strictly prohibited.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, or at other events organized by WOCNext throughout the virtual meeting is strictly prohibited. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any WOCNext virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain job offers or solicitation for services. WOCNext reserves the right to remove these and any other messages that are deemed inappropriate and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
WOCNext staff reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and WOCNext staff reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.