HoverTech's HoverMatt® Single-Patient Use (SPU) Air Transfer System floats on a cushion of air, allowing for safe patient transfers without lifting or straining. The HoverMatt SPU is safe to leave under patients for all-day care, including transfers, boosting, turning and positioning. Our independent laboratory testing shows the highly breathable HoverMatt SPU has elevated evaporative properties that help to maintain the ideal microclimate, is compatible with low air loss surfaces, reduces friction and shear during transfers and positioning, and redistributes pressure.
By virtually eliminating injuries related to lateral transfers and positioning, the HoverMatt SPU significantly helps to improve staff satisfaction and retention, while reducing direct and indirect workers’ compensation costs. The HoverMatt SPU also provides patients with a more comfortable and dignified experience as it eliminates friction and reduces skin shear, improving patient satisfaction.
HoverMatt SPU Benefits:
- Air-assisted technology reduces force required to move patient by 80-90%, requiring fewer caregivers for improved staff efficiency, safety and comfort during transfers
- Highly breathable fabric allows for greater moisture vapor exchange and quicker moisture evaporation to promote the ideal skin microclimate and support pressure injury prevention
- Inflated mattress cradles the patient while moving them in a stable position, eliminating friction and reducing skin shear while providing maximum comfort to the patient
- Single-patient use product eliminates costs and logistics associated with laundering and greatly reduces risk of cross-contamination
- Radiolucent and MRI compatible for artifact-free imaging
- Available in multiple styles and widths with a 1200 lb. weight limit to accommodate most patients
- HT-Air® air supply (sold separately) provides a variable speed airflow safety feature that allows caregivers to check patient’s position before full inflation, while providing a quieter and more gradual inflation for sensitive or anxious patients and those in pain
- Supports recommendations and guidelines for increased healthcare worker safety from OSHA, AORN, NAON and ANA